Dawn D. Boyer has over 22 years of human resources experience, with approximately 12 in the government contracting area (specifically defense contracting). Many of the companies for which she was a HR practitioner and/or manager (including Director of Human Resources at CASE) were Northrop Grumman Newport News Shipyard and SAIC (under AMSEC LLC) in Virginia Beach, VA, Chenega Advanced Solutions and Engineering (CASE) in Norfolk, VA and Zel Technologies (ZelTech) in Hampton, Virginia.
(Her curriculum vitae can be found on her LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/DawnBoyer; Box.net application on profile page.)
Ms. Boyer has owned or partnered with three successful businesses in the last three decades and her experience provides her with a keen insight for innovative solutions to business issues and concerns. Her creativity makes her a powerful change agent and resource for internal customer service, as well as external marketing, branding, and public relations.
She is currently working on her PhD in Education (STEMPS – Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, and Professional Studies in the OTS – Occupational and Technical Studies field for Training and Development in Human Resources) in the Darden College of Education at Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA and has completed her coursework and comps as of October 2011. She will be working on her dissertation until approximately February of 2013 and expects to graduate in May 2013. Ms. Boyer’s Master’s Degree is in Adult Education from Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia concentrating on Training and Development for Adult Learners, focusing on Human Resources. Her Bachelor’s Degree is in Fine Art, from Radford University, Radford, Virginia, with an emphasis on Graphic Advertising and Illustrative Art.
Ms. Boyer is well-versed on technology (Personal Computers and Apple Computers) and taught undergraduates at Old Dominion University for communications and information technology, including sub-topics of: computer software programs, communications in the digital universe – including blogging, social networking, and presentations, research for open and deep web practices, and ethical educational, social media management and marketing, and business practices. She was a co-designer in the STEM 251G Introduction to Information Technology curriculum. This entailed taking a previously 100% in-classroom course and recreating it as a blended-learning hybrid course – enabling students to work outside the classroom for as much as 50% of the course learning and assignments.
WHY YOU NEED TO CONTACT Dawn Boyer:
If you are a job seeker, looking for new career possibilities or promotions:
- You need your resume rewritten to the newer “21st century” job search standards for the digital age versus the old paper-copy standards from “20th century” practices.
- You want advice and knowledge from an expert who knows the ‘other side of the recruiting wall,’ and who understands the digital parameters used by modern-day recruiters and headhunters to use that knowledge to get your credentials as the ‘top of the queue’ for consideration.
- You want a polished resume that ‘shows’ versus ‘tells’ what your capability versus listing tired ‘same-old’ job description(s) – with that important top four inches that tells it all for quick glance, decision-making by the hiring managers and recruiters.
- You need help in ensuring that perfect resume is ‘out there’ on the Internet for not only slow and lazy recruiters, but also for technically savvy recruiters who use Boolean search strings to find perfect candidates in open and deep web searches
If you are a small business and are ready for the next step:
- You own a small business but can’t yet afford to budget for a full-time Human Resources Practitioner on staff, but know you need the expertise to avoid potential liabilities, and require government mandated compliance.
- You are aware social media is important for public relations for business, paid paper media advertising doesn’t yet seem to be puling in customers you need, or your small business marketing strategy doesn’t seem to be working right now.
- You need ideas for expanding your business into new areas or to streamline the processes currently in place to develop a leaner policy and practice paradigm.
- We provide consulting to small businesses in the commercial arena, as well as dynamically growing 8(a) set-aside government contracting and defense companies, in the Hampton Roads, Virginia area (national consulting offered, also).
If you are in business development and are unsure about who to use or what to use for social media for business marketing and/or personal branding for marketing yourself as a Subject Matter Expert (for career search or small business):
- Everyone is on social media nowadays – but very few folks understand how to use it. You may be using it daily yourself, but perhaps you are not quite sure about it’s power or how to get the best ROI for your time.
- There is a difference between Facebook social media use for certain types of business versus just keeping up with friends and family. The use of LinkedIn social media as a method to individually brand oneself as a subject matter expert in their career field and networking across state, national, and international borders in a global business world makes you a part of the community of knowledge. This resource is one to which you can turn for advice, knowledge, communications, business development, and career networking.
- Many who use social media might not know it’s full potential for developing business for their small companies or gaining connections or access to others to network for information, business, or jobs.
- D. Boyer Consulting offers 1) training on the use of LinkedIn to individuals or groups and 2) management of LinkedIn social media to those needing or wanting to increase their visibility to recruiters and headhunters for potential career position considerations.
Ms. Boyer is available via e-mail, cell phone, teleconference, and in person (for local Hampton Roads, VA cities). She uses technology to keep abreast of messages, emails, and contact with potential and current customers.
Charges for services are noted on the Catalog of Services page on this website. Resume and social media services do not require signed contracts from customers, rather the client pre-pays to their comfort level. Services and work is performed over a pre-agreed upon time span based on the customer’s vital needs and Ms. Boyer’s available schedule.
The charges for the resume services and social media are relatively inexpensive compared to the big consulting firms that charge thousands of dollars to their clients for the same services.
Why is D. Boyer Consulting so inexpensive comparatively?
- Services are provided to the customers with very little overhead – working from a home office, using digital technology at its free or lowest cost potential keeps overhead prices down and increases the point spread for ROI.
- Many job seekers don’t have a lot of discretionary income to purchase professional services; they may be on unemployment with very little funds to spare after their monthly bills and job seeking expenses. The resume writing services are market priced to provide a valid service for the least cost to the consumer while still enabling the consultant to make a decent living from those services.
- No one should be a ‘professional’ job seeker, thus many clients have poorly written resumes, or some clients coming from one industry to another are not sure about the best-practices (e.g., military to civilian). The services provided by D. Boyer Consulting offers an understanding of the best-practices from all business arenas – including the niche market of federal contracting and defense. This ensures the KSAs of the client are explained in as concise a manner as possible, using the highest number of key skill words (buzzwords) as possible. Then the process involves technology-based en-coding the resumes for search engine optimization (SEO) via queries by those seeking those qualified candidates. (This SEO process is not used by ANY OTHER resume writer out there to date.)
- Been there, done that, stressed a lot, hated being unemployed – the uncertainty and the fear of the unknown, and our job is is to spread the wealth of knowledge to help those job seekers get back on their feet, gain confidence in themselves, and to hit the ground running with the best tools for progress we can give them.
Small Business Advisor, Human Resources, Career Consultant, and LinkedIn Social Media Coach
D. Boyer Consulting, Va. Beach, VA 23464 / Cell: (757) 404-8300
Follow her on Twitter: @Dawn_Boyer
Earn Consultancy referral fees: https://www.mavenresearch.com/join/RvXUnrt3
Read her blogs at: http://DawnDBoyer.wordpress.com
Her LinkedIn profile is: http://www.linkedin.com/in/DawnBoyer.
She accepts all LinkedIn invites via: Dawn.Boyer@me.com.
Join her 7,600+ connections!